[DeTomaso] NPC - Where to install 2 new tires, front or back?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Mar 13 03:32:35 EDT 2012

In a message dated 3/12/12 20 31 44, bjbstewart at yahoo.com writes:

> Anyone else caught by surprise by that?

When I bought my green Scirocco for $35, the front tires were wasted
because it was set up for autrossing and had about 2 degrees of negative camber.
The rear tires were almost unworn but had been sitting outside in the sun
for several years.   When I got the car running, I fixed the alignment and I
bought two new tires and put them on the front.   Drove home from the tire
shop, turned into my neighborhood with my characteristic vigor, and promptly
lost it and did a full 180-degree spin!   I backed up and as soon as I got
to the house, swapped the tires front-to-rear.   The car then understeered a
lot, which was safer.   I eventually replaced the other tires as well and
now it's a perfectly-balanced weapon.

In fact, it passed you in your Pantera at Thunderhill, all 85 horsepower of
it, and toting a Mad Dog passenger to boot! :>)