[DeTomaso] Help needed

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 12 23:05:40 EDT 2012

Advance the timing until it pings, then back it off a bit.  It will usually
ping in lower rpms when under a load.  You don't want it to ping when you
are driving it normally - i.e. the way you drive.

If it cranks slow, back it off a bit.

And then, hook up the vacuum advance.

You can't trust the timing pointer, since the balancer may have slipped.
For that matter, you should install a new balancer if you have the original,
and at the same time you could order a timing pointer for a 351C.