[DeTomaso] Deauville on BAT

CharlesMcCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 14:32:38 EST 2012

Roger reported back--Derek Williams bought this car, and Roger bought the
other one, which needed some work.  This car is now enroute to Roger's shop
for a bit of a look-see to see whether Ben and the QV500 guys spent their
9000 GBP wisely when they recommissioned the car.  This was a barn car by
the way--it had been parked in storage somewhere for many years.

No mention of the sales price of the car however, but undoubtedly it was
well-bought.  Roger did a restoration on a pretty decent Deauville imported
from Australia and reportedly the restoration costs were well in excess of
100,000 GPB pounds!

Mike

**So we don't know what the sales price is of this particular car, which
looks very nicely done, but any idea what Deauvilles actually sell for? I
can easily believe that you could spend 100,000GBP on a Deauville
restoration, but what will the market support as a sales price?

I remember that Kirby practically couldn't GIVE his Longchamp away, despite
it having some celebrity providence, and these are cars that would be tough
to recover your investment financially...