[DeTomaso] Deauville on BAT

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Mar 8 13:22:04 EST 2012

In a message dated 3/8/12 9 54 47, MikeLDrew at aol.com writes:

> I'll find out.   There were two of them for sale in the UK, both formerly
> belonging to the Saatchi brothers.   Roger Brotton bought one of them
> (bringing him up to, what, four?   Five?) and Derek Williams bought the
> other one.
> I can't remember which of them got this car but I'll find out.

Roger reported back--Derek Williams bought this car, and Roger bought the
other one, which needed some work.   This car is now enroute to Roger's shop
for a bit of a look-see to see whether Ben and the QV500 guys spent their
9000 GBP wisely when they recommissioned the car.   This was a barn car by the
way--it had been parked in storage somewhere for many years.

No mention of the sales price of the car however, but undoubtedly it was
well-bought.   Roger did a restoration on a pretty decent Deauville imported
from Australia and reportedly the restoration costs were well in excess of
100,000 GPB pounds!