[DeTomaso] NPC - 24 Hours of LeMons

Dick Koch arkoch at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 7 12:12:57 EST 2012

  The "24 Hours of Lemons" race held this past weekend at the Carolina
Motor Park raceway was the most fun I've ever had at a "race" event. The
following recap of the race that was featured on the Car and Driver blog
tells the story. The picture of the car that has the engine block in the
rear end is the Turbo Schnitzel, the car built and driven by the team
that with which I tagged along.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/24-hours-of-lemons-southern-discomfort-2012-we-have-winners/

In another post on the Car and Driver Blog, you can see Craig Cochran,
one of the team of four that built and drove the Turbo Schnitzel, in his
home made Lederhosen posing beside the (TS). The Turbo Schnitzel had
just passed the Tech Inspection and the all important BS (short for you
know what) Inspection that determined the amount of money a team put in
their car. The TS was classified as a "PZero", the first ever of the new
Prototype LeMons racers.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/lemons-southern-discomfort-2012-at-carolina-motorsports-park-tech-and-b-s-inspection-day/

There are other "tags" at the end of the posts that link to other
summaries of the race.

If you ever have a chance to go to one of the Lemons races, I would
venture to guess  you would also have a fantastic time, especially if
you tag along or participate with one of the LeMons teams.

Dick Koch - Atlanta