[DeTomaso] GT5-S Conversion

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 6 16:07:09 EST 2012

I'm betting if you figure in the base car cost and a full conversion you are probbaly close to stock GT5-S prices and you still don't have a real 5S. Of course that depends on whether you actually want a 5S or something like Jan's car you linked to. Not taking anything from Jan's car which is a wondefully executed show car but IMO it is no closer to a 5S than a GT5 is to one.

There was a Pantera floating around on Ebay for a while which had a bunch of Si panels fitted, I want to say it was a '74. Not sure if it ever sold, but I thought it had the makings of a good base to start from.

Larry Stock has a nice GT5S conversion he is brokering. The body is well done, although no update to interior etc. He was asking an exhorbitant $65K, but I got the impression it could be had for a lot less. IMO it could be another cheap way into a 5S conversion where all the hard work is done.

Julian