[DeTomaso] GT5-S Conversion

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Mar 6 15:26:07 EST 2012

In a message dated 3/6/12 12 09 44, rfmccall at comcast.net writes:

> Anyone have anything to add that may shed some light on the subject?

The panels were apparently made with only rough reference to a genuine car.
  I've seen a genuine GT5-S that was involved in an accident and had one
fender replaced.   It was noticeably different than the original fender on the
other side, and the car looked a bit strange.

Having said that, in the rear, the genuine cars were genuinely AFU, with
one side something like an inch and a half wider (!) than the other!

Personally, I would never go for a GT5-S conversion.   I'd just get a
genuine GT5-S if I wanted one.