[DeTomaso] 10 qt oil pan

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 11:19:18 EST 2012

Okay, here's a really dumb question. I'm changing the oil in my 10 qt oil
pan and I got to thinking. Way back when, I seem to remember that
you needed to adjust the length of your dipstick after adding the ten
quarts to a 10 qt pan to get the right amount of oil in the pan. If this is
so, it seems counter-intuitive to me. Wouldn't you want to add oil until it
shows full on the *stock *dipstick because this is the correct fluid level
measured relative to the inside mechanicals?

Jeff
6559