[DeTomaso] Carbon fiber or fiber look hood and engine deck?

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 5 23:04:15 EST 2012

On this list on June 18, 2008 from the Dawg...

A few of you wrote and asked about Larry Stock's new CF decklid and hoods to
ask if these are really CF or just a CF overlay.

They are the real deal......clear coated CF and NOT a fiberglass lookalike
with a CF weave or a CF overlay....they are not cheap either but nclude
imbeded hinges/brackets and latch for $2,995. When you consider the sky
rocketing cost of oil and carbon fiber you'll wish like me that you would
have bought one a year ago. ;-]>

Here's the feedback on insulating the CF decklid....Pat Hals in Belgium is
using a aluminum foiled heat shield on his CF race Pantrera "Candy" (thanks
PAT!) which is running at the Spa on 27th and running Le Man in July.

Larry turned me onto supplier here locally who sells a insulation kit to fit
under the CF lid for $99 bucks.  His name is Tim and he's at
209-321-1454/Quietride.com

Call Larry Stock for your specific CF or fiberglass needs...he needs to make
some money to pay off the cost for all the molds he bought! ;-]>

 <www.panteraparts.com> at Pantera Parts Connection in Reno
1-800-detomaso....