[DeTomaso] Wilkinson "silver-zinc" header coating?????

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Mon Mar 5 13:06:03 EST 2012

Okay, I'll bite. Per Doug's talk with Steve, Wilkinson lists his new steel headers as being "silver-zinc" plated.

Just what is "silver-zinc" plating.  Does he mean 'bright  zinc' plating or is "silver-zinc" a difference process of its own?  Isn't a zinc plating/coating just a form of galvanized?  (hot dip, cold dip, etc)

Just what can be expected from a set of headers, appearance wise, that comes with "silver-zinc" plating.

Likewise, are there any heat control properties such as we expect from a good ceramic coating? (Quick cool-down, better scavenging)

Is this plating what other header makers are now doing, or is this "silver-zinc" something new that Steve Wilkinson has come up with?

Larry