[DeTomaso] NPC Trouble Shooting and Compression Test Question

Tom Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Sun Mar 4 22:40:19 EST 2012

Interesting...most the plugs were looking a little rich(black and sooty), the exhast valves showed a tan color right in the center of the head of the valve, the intakes were and chambers were black which might suggest low compression...two of the chambers had what looked like oil in the chamber, but its really tough to figure out what was going on with the motor...the boys just pulled the motor apart with no thought of draining the coolant so that went into the cylinders.

Only one plug looked odd, it had a yellow chalky look on the plug body tip that is exposed to the combution chamber. I've looked at all the color plug charts and nothing that I found shows that.

 Best Regards, Tom