[DeTomaso] NPC Trouble Shooting and Compression Test Question

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 22:34:42 EST 2012

All these are good tests.  I have a hard time distinguishing clean
plugs though... unleaded is so clean these days. Leak-down tests,
coolant pressure check (probably the fastest way to find the leak) all
work great.  I didn't know V-R made a handy tool to check sealing...
that's very cool.

One problem tat you may find that hasn't got a quick fix is a cracked
head.  A search on

Jeep "cracked head"

gives "About 159,000 results" in Google.  Not to high, but a
possibility.  A coolant pressure check may show where it is.  If water
starts building up behind the valves, the head's a gonner.  Not easy
to check with the head off, some of these cracks are very hard to find
and only show up when the head is torqued down or even heated to
operating temp.

sean

--
"Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso