[DeTomaso] Did I buy Meriah fans or junk?

B. Seib oldwheel at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 3 20:03:28 EST 2012

Arnie

The fans you bought appear to be the same ones I have. They are the optional
factory Heavy Duty fans shown in the DeTomaso parts book. I believe they are
the ones used on the later GTS & GT5S models as standard equipment. They use
the same motors as the standard 4 blade fans, but a different fan with more
blades. I like them a lot. I bought a used set of Meriah fans and when I
tested air flow against these, I found these to be noticeably superior. Your
results may vary. I am NOT impressed with Meriah fans. The stock motors seem
to have lots of power and are efficient, but the stock 4-blade fans don't
put any load on them. These seem very good to me.

Just my opinion. Hope it helps.
Barry #3217

----

Can someone advise me if I purchased Meriah fans or just two pieces of
junk?  The Ebay item number is 200718745538.

Thanks:  Arnie  #5725