[DeTomaso] Team Pantera Gumball3000

LEVITT1946 at aol.com LEVITT1946 at aol.com
Sat Mar 3 11:34:21 EST 2012

Dear Friends ,

In 2009 my son and I competed in the Gumball3000.

We proved to the world that the Detomaso Pantera is reliable. We met many
Pantera owners as we crossed the USA and even received assistance from a
few.

Each step of the way our 1972 Detomaso Pantera charged forward toward the
finishline in Miami Beach Fl.

The last day of the rally we were hit in the rear by a driver that fell
asleep at the wheel. She caused extensive rear damage but we were determined
to  finish no matter what. We repaired the car as best as we could and
arrived in  Miami before anyone. I have the pictures to prove it. Here are a few
links to  the start and finish.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Xw_QzyNo4_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Xw_QzyNo4)

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83O-4oROyY8_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83O-4oROyY8)

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDg2EzokF60_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDg2EzokF60)

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znAh1ZOanYU_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znAh1ZOanYU)

I am writing because we need sponsors for this years Gumball3000.The rally
this year departs NYC and stops in Toronto,Indianapolis (Indy 500 ) Kansas
City,Santa Fe, Las Vegas(Hoover Dam) , and finish in Los Angeles .

The restoration on our car took 1 1/2 years and she is looking and running
her best now.

We need to come up with $40,000 for the entry fee.

I need ideas on how we can get funding. I would like to connect with a
charity so we can enter the rally with a great purpose.

I have contacted many large companies in the hopes of being sponsored but
since my name is not Mario Andretti or some famous celebrity so far we have
received negative response.

I look forward to your ideas or suggestions.

Best Regards,

Bob Levitt
Team Pantera Racing
Gumball3000