[DeTomaso] Production Numbers

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Mar 3 02:18:40 EST 2012

In a message dated 3/1/12 16 59 35, lance730 at msn.com writes:

> Could that number for the GT5-S, be true?  If Kirk did 126 to 140 of them,
> could only 48 to 62 of them not been imported?  Seems like a very low
> number.Trip

Kirk didn't do anywhere near that many Amerisport cars.   He told me what
the number was once, which I can't remember, but I do remember being amazed
that was as low as it was--high 20s or low 30s?

De Tomaso records do NOT count Amerisport cars when they total up the
number of GT5-S Panteras built.   It's not for any good reason, it's just the De
Tomasos being pissy about it.   They don't consider them to be 'real' De
Tomaso cars even though they built them and did everything except the
drivetrains.