[DeTomaso] CHARLIE MCCALL CHECK YOUR FACEBOOK INVITES

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 15:31:20 EST 2012

I have a slightly different view.  If Google or Facebook was a service
to *me* as their customer, I would completely agree.  But I am not the
customer.  I am the product.  Advertisers are the customer.

In a lot of ways Google and Facebook have lured people into an
expectation that they are the customer since they provide a modicum of
desired service.  It is a bait and switch, even though they say over
and over again that they have been very up front about their motives
and plans.

Their motives are their own.  I hope that another vendor comes to the
fore with a desire to provide service to *me* and has a business plan
that can make them a reasonable amount of money *and* offer me an
expectation of privacy.

But for the Googles, Yahoos and others... I just set my expectations
very low and yell as loud as I can that others do as well.  Any
information you put out there is a product to be used by the real
customers. So be careful.

sean

--
"Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso