[DeTomaso] Wilkinson Headers

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Thu Mar 1 08:52:28 EST 2012

I just received a set of Steve Wilkinson's new stainless GTS headers and
pipes.  Beautiful pieces, but I've a question.  The header flange on one
side has a rather significant concave bow, I assume warping from the welding
process.  It's about 1/4" such that the ends will touch the head, the center
is bowed out.  Opinions?  Will this be something that will correct itself
when I bolt them up, or is this too much distortion to try to deal with.
I'm concerned the stresses of straightening the flange may compromise the
welds in the header.

I'm going to call Steve and talk to him as well, but thought I'd toss it out
to the forum for thoughts.

Thanks
Mike Thomas
Panteras Northwest