[DeTomaso] Solution for fuel sloshing out of rear float bowl

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 13:54:24 EDT 2012

I had two Moto Guzzi Le Mans 850 Mk1 shaft drive motorcycles.

One in Scotland back in the 80's; the other here in the US that I bought as
soon as it came out in 1976.
Both of them were shaft drive. The one in Scotland was newer and more
'refined', but the same bike.

The one in the US, I had converted to 1000cc.
Picture of it is at the bottom of the page here.
http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/kirbyschrader/Kirby.html

The acceleration effect being discussed here was only slightly noticeable.
After awhile, you hardly noticed it, even under full acceleration.

That bike was THE best handling motorcycle I've ever ridden.
It would go around corners so well, you could get into trouble going too
fast and all you had to do was lay over further and through the corner
you'd go. I scared the hell out of myself doing 95mph around a famous 45mph
curve near home.
Famous because several people had accidents there.
The Guzzi just went around the corner. No drama.
Certainly no chassis digging into the ground....

:-)

FWIW,
Kirby