[DeTomaso] Solution for fuel sloshing out of  rear float bowl

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jun 27 13:43:26 EDT 2012

In a message dated 6/27/12 10 20 31, davel at emspace.com writes:

> Why do the old shaft-drive bikes rise at the rear Mike?
> Something about the shaft acting as a thrust member?
>

>>>The driveshaft is actually contained within the swingarm.   The pinion
gear tries to climb up the ring gear and it extends the suspension.
Potentially lethal, because if you were cornering at max lean on the gas, and
rolled off the gas, the suspension would settle and you'd have negative
clearance--the chassis would dig into the ground, lever the wheel off the ground, and
the next thing you know you're upside-down in a tree.

BMW finally got smart and engineered some sort of parallogram thing to
prevent it from happening.

I would still never ride a BMW.   Stands for Built Mostly Weird.