[DeTomaso] Cracking

richard bosch theemonkey at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 16:52:21 EDT 2012

I have all the braces from Hall(same as Byers)except the upper one in the front trunk.I will put that one in some day when time permits.
My cracking has appeared to have stopped spreading and i have pushed the car pretty hard a few times even with 15" by 14" slicks(flared car).
With just the square tube spreader bar from Hall i had several buckle marks and cracks around the curve in the body about a third of the way down rear decklid,and 3 to 4 inch cracks around the rear lights.
I know Bob Benson who has the same bracing has still developed cracks but not nearly as long or as quickly.Full disclosure requires me to mention he drives his car far harder and more often than me by far!He also has much stiffer springs.Not sure but i believe around 800 lbs rear 600 lbs front.I know he was thinking of going higher than what he has.I have 600 rear 450 front and i have a front end lift,rear end squat issue at full throttle so i was thinking of going stiffer as well,but not by much, maybe 700 rear,550 front.