[DeTomaso] Solution for fuel sloshing out of  rear float bowl

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Tue Jun 26 12:33:25 EDT 2012

I think they are referring to the kind of acceleration and front end
lift you get in Drag Racing applications.  The Pantera on the other
hand accelerates pretty flat without a lot of front end lift.

The bigger trouble we run into is hard braking.  With the carb tilted
forward, the tendency is for the fuel to dribble out the boosters
during hard braking since they sit slightly lower than they should be
if the carb was flat.  Dribbling too much fuel into the engine without
corresponding throttle openings, can stall the engine.

For this reason, may try to set the rear float a little lower so it
doesn't have as much fuel in the bowl when braking.

Quoting klckmac at msn.com:

--
Asa Jay Laughton - sent from somewhere other than home