[DeTomaso] Mustang brake rotors

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Jun 23 17:14:37 EDT 2012

In a message dated 6/23/12 12 28 33, davel at emspace.com writes:

> Mike
> I've been trying to get an order for -- 4 with slots -- to you.
> My test posts OK, so here it is again.
>
>>>First time I saw it.   Okay, you're on the list.   We're up to 36 rotors
so far; only need four more to make the buy happen. :>)

> >Are we thinking the same Porterfield pad to match?
>
>>>Yes, dimensionally they are identical (or almost identical) to the
originals.   I think the original Pantera rotors are ever-so-slightly larger in
diameter in the rear, relative to the front.   These new ones are the same
size as the rears.   Total swept area should remain the same because the pads
still touch the same area, even though the front rotor is now fractionally
bigger in diameter.   It will still clear the stock calipers without
modification however.

Several people on this forum are running these rotors on their cars, from
back when they were more readily available.   Waiting for them to chime in
here?