[DeTomaso] Final Drive Gear Question

Jerry R Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Sat Jun 23 13:25:55 EDT 2012

I have what I think to be a stock geared P car.  On the stock geared car
with 315/35/17  2700 rpm = 70 mph on the gps.  But in this example I am
using a stock 40 year old tach and a new GPS.

On car number 2 in your example you are doing 3.3 miles per hour per hundred
rpm so the 6000 rpm would be 198 mph.

jerry