[DeTomaso] Mustang brake rotors OPTION....

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Jun 23 13:05:30 EDT 2012

Hi guys,

Just found out that the black E-coating is a $10 option per rotor.   The
quotes I received did not include it, and as of now they would be finished
like normal rotors, i.e. as-cast and machined.   If you want the $10 black
coating (called E-coating), let me know.

E-Coat Finish
Centric® premium rotors utilize an electrocoating finish that provides long
lasting corrosion protection. E-coating is a superior electro-statically
applied finish designed to withstand 400 hours of salt water exposure without
rusting. Finishes used by other manufacturers provide only minimal
protection from the elements and are generally only effective for the shipping and
storage portion of a rotor’s life. The addition of heat and moisture
eliminates the effectiveness of many of those finishes resulting in immediate
corrosion once installed in the vehicle.