[DeTomaso] Chrome fiberglass?

bill gaino gaino at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 23 09:14:18 EDT 2012

Alsa corp has a chrome spray, it has real silver in the base coat, the topcoat is still clear urethane so it will scratch. Ford has a process for plating plastic with real chromium metal. The F 150 truck grilles are dipped and electronicly atracted to a copper bath, then dipped in the chromium for the final coat. If Ford can plate plastic... fiberglass can be done too. Alsa corp also makes a self adheasive wrap that looks OK, I think it looks wrong on a car all over. Bill 1362