[DeTomaso] Dipstick needed

Thomas Tornblom thomas at hax.se
Tue Jun 19 01:46:48 EDT 2012

2012-06-19 02:28, michael at michaelshortt.com skrev:
> I need a new oil dipstick, the vendors want 85.00 for one, the local Ford
> dealer had a nifty wire unit but it was 8" too long. My unit measures 39"
> from the hilt to the end, is there an alternative available.

I made one from two audi V6 dipsticks. I cut the tip off on one, and the
handle on one and had them TIG welded together.

I needed one that doesn't leak air through the tube, and these sticks
are sealed with an O-ring that fits perfectly in the tube.

The sticks were around $10 each from the local VW/audi dealer.

> Michael Shortt

Thomas