[DeTomaso] Wheel hub centric rings

B. Seib oldwheel at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 16 20:46:25 EDT 2012

Asa Jay

Yes, of course your measurements are correct. I'm sorry I screwed that up. I
shouldn't have been confusing mine with yours.
My new axle measures 2.427" on the flange diameter for the wheel register.
My 1973 Campy wheel measures 2.446 in the bore. It's very close to 0.020"
clearance.

My point is, if it's much more than 0.001" clearance, it doesn't matter if
it's 0.100" - UNLESS the nuts are loose. At 0.005" it's not centering the
wheel on the hub, the nuts are. I would rather have my wheels hub centered
too, but they are not.

Barry

----
Umm, check me on this.  With a difference in my measurements, it would
be 0.005" around the circumference, which would be 0.010 runout if it
were totally offset to one side.

Anyway... the new wheels have 0.36" of clearance (on one side), which is
0.18" around the circumference.  Yes the lug nuts help center the wheel.

I'm not a machinist (nor a certified mechanic), snug to me is putting it
on and not feeling any movement.

Alright, it's not "snug" but the Campys fit a hellovalot -closer- than
these aftermarket wheels.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie