[DeTomaso] Wheel hub centric rings

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Jun 16 17:18:20 EDT 2012

Barry,

All four of my original Campy's fit snug to the hub.  In fact the rears
were once "greased" to make it easier for them to come on and off.  In
fact, if you review the photos here:
http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=5037&g2_GALLERYSID=TMP_SESSION_ID_DI_NOISSES_PMT

You'll see the front hub itself measures at 2.432" and the stock Campy
center hole measured at 2.442".  A difference of 0.010".  No, that's not
"snug" on the front, but ten thousands clearance isn't a whole lot
either.  On the rears which I did not measure, I know the fit is a bit
"snugger" than the front, because I can take all five lug nuts out and
still have to hand pry the wheel from the hub.

I also looked on my Mach I today and the Campy's on the front hubs of my
Mach I are also "snug."

I see no reason to call Steve on the matter.  All my stock parts (hubs
and wheels) fit snugly.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&   Shelley Marie