[DeTomaso] Dumb question - why aren't steering wheels round anymore?

Gray Gregory rgg at gregorycook.com
Sat Jun 16 16:46:00 EDT 2012

More specifically paddle shifts make it necessary for the driver to keep his hands at 3 and 9 o'clock. The steering wheels also double as the dash so being rectangle allows more room on each side of the center display for knobs and switches and don't dismiss the fitment issue either; modern LMP cars are much like F-1 cars with bodywork.

Gray