[DeTomaso] Wheel hub centric rings

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Jun 16 13:53:39 EDT 2012

In a message dated 6/16/12 10 37 42, oldwheel at shaw.ca writes:

> I'll be interested to hear your results Mike. I haven't found any
> hubs/snouts on my 72 car that fit any wheels I've got "snug" They all have
> some movement axially. Some are more than others but none are in the
> fitting
> range of 0.000-0.002". I don't think any fit that is greater than 0.003"
> clearance would be considered snug? I don't think you could count on it
> centering the wheels. The fitting of my original parts is more than 0.003
> by
> quite a bit. The new axle I recently purchased has even more clearance
> than
> the original parts did. They are totally reliant on the studs to center
> them. The only time the hub centering feature on my parts would be of any
> value is if the nuts came loose. It might work until you got stopped. I
> wish
> my wheels were snug. 8<(
>
>>>Be careful what   you wish for. :>)

Marino makes his Pantera East wheels VERY snug.   If you don't oil or
grease the hubs, it's quite possible for them to literally get stuck in place.
I've seen more than one owner *hammering* his wheels off the car, including
Lori.

But once the problem makes itself known, when the owners lightly sand the
axles or wheels to remove any built-up corrosion, and then lubricate the
interface, it becomes a perfect fit with no problems.

Mike (looking forward to getting home so I can measure my
axles/hubs/wheels...)