[DeTomaso] Wheel hub centric rings

B. Seib oldwheel at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 16 13:37:39 EDT 2012

I'll be interested to hear your results Mike. I haven't found any
hubs/snouts on my 72 car that fit any wheels I've got "snug" They all have
some movement axially. Some are more than others but none are in the fitting
range of 0.000-0.002". I don't think any fit that is greater than 0.003"
clearance would be considered snug? I don't think you could count on it
centering the wheels. The fitting of my original parts is more than 0.003 by
quite a bit. The new axle I recently purchased has even more clearance than
the original parts did. They are totally reliant on the studs to center
them. The only time the hub centering feature on my parts would be of any
value is if the nuts came loose. It might work until you got stopped. I wish
my wheels were snug. 8<(

Barry

----

In a message dated 6/15/12 23 35 29, guson at home.se writes:

> Strange, I have various era Campy wheels and they all fit my 71
> hubs/axles
> center snouts pretty snug.

Mine too.

I'm on the road at the moment, but when I get home I'll do a bit of a test.
  I have some old axles, old front hubs, old wheels.   I'd be willing to
bet that they're hubcentric....