[DeTomaso] Early Bumper Gasket source

Mark Charlton pantera01826 at rogers.com
Sat Jun 16 11:39:37 EDT 2012

Hi All,

I recently ordered complete sets of bumper gaskets from Wilkinson for my two 1971 Panteras.

What I received was anything but close to the originals. The rubber is twice as large in every dimension, it is soft, fat, flaccid matte-finish rubber and not the thin, harder, shiny plastic (poly? vinyl?) as the originals are. I figure I spent about $75 for what I can buy locally for $15. I was able to put it to good use helping a friend trim edges on his fiberglass bodied kid's pedal car, but I'm still left without gaskets.

Do any of you know where I can locate a very close match for the original bumper gaskets? I've already scoured the Trim-Lok and other catalogues on-line, but nothing seems quite right. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark Charlton
pantera01826 at rogers.com