[DeTomaso] Wheel hub centric rings

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Fri Jun 15 17:19:19 EDT 2012

Tomas wrote:

IMO if you're going to get rings that have 1.5 mm of play you might as well
eave them out completely.

>>>Agreed.  They either need to fit perfectly, or not at all.

>I ran aftermarket wheels for ten years and never
ad any unbalance from having the rims center by the studs.

>>>On the other hand, I ran aftermarket wheels that centered on the studs only and had horrible imbalance issues for years,  until I got a set of hub-centering rings which fixed it completely.

Any good speciality tire/wheel store will have a vast assortment of these centering rings in stock, and will be able to hook you up.  Just drive the car down there and let them open up their cabinet and find what works best for your application....