[DeTomaso] Dashboard Generator Light Stays On

Guido deTomaso guido_detomaso at prodigy.net
Thu Jun 14 23:26:38 EDT 2012

No one suggested first trying a different voltage regulator, assuming it's the
stock remote located unit, much easier than replacing the alternator, and if the
regulator is the issue changing the alternator won't help.

I actually had the light come on on a Ford alternator not long ago, but it kept
charging.  One of the wires had come off at the alternator, maybe the "S" wire,
I should keep better notes but I don't.

Way back when the guys from Delco insisted on saying "delcotron generator"
because in their telling "alternator" was a Chrysler trademark.

GD