[DeTomaso] Dashboard Generator Light Stays On

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jun 14 20:55:47 EDT 2012

In a message dated 6/14/12 17 47 54, adrmprince at aol.com writes:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Maybe someone in the club can tell me what steps to take:.....my generator
> light in the console is staying on---can anyone tell me what steps to take
> before pulling the generator----or any helpful hints...
>
> I have not been able to access the archives.

Did this just happen all of a sudden?

Normally, it means the alternator has failed (why they call the alternator
light a generator light I'll never know).

Either that, or a wire has fallen off.

The other possibility is that the resistor that is wired in series with the
light, on the back side of the gauge, has broken loose.

In any case, you'll need to put your detective hat on and figure it out...:<
(