[DeTomaso] MSD 6AL failure modes

Jerry R Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Sun Jun 10 17:32:24 EDT 2012

I agree welding can hurt them for sure.

On the cap if it isn't noticeably burned on the inside or there isn't a
crack, you can tune a FM portable radio to a non station, hold it near the
distributor and if you pick up a white noise crack as the car runs you have
a bad distributor cap or a broken wire.  No comments needed from the 'peanut
gallery' on the last sentence.

jerry