[DeTomaso] new noise coming from engine bay

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Jun 8 14:33:34 EDT 2012

In a message dated 6/8/12 11 28 50, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> The noise was friction based as I had earlier speculated. The
> outer crankshaft pulley was rubbing the edge of the engine hatch opening.
> The question now is how did this happen? Did my motor mounts break or
> loosen and allow the engine to slip forward a few millimeters?
>

>>>We can't tell from here.   You need to examine the bolts (not only the
bolts from the upper mounts into the block, but also the bolts between the
upper and lower mounts, and the bolts from the lower mounts into the chassis)
and tell us!

Is the pulley coming adrift from the damper?   It's held in with four
bolts--are they tight?

Is the damper coming adrift from the crank?   It's held in with one mondo
bolt--is it tight?