[DeTomaso] mufflers

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jun 6 21:19:17 EDT 2012

In a message dated 6/6/12 17 01 35, Edracers at aol.com writes:

> Aloha
>     One of my mufflers on my 1972 L  has a large  hole in it. I think I
> want to replace both mufflers. Do not want anything super  loud.
>
>     Any recommendations other than stock or GTS  mufflers?

I'm really impressed with Wilkinson's new exhaust system.   It's a copy of
the Euro GTS system, but with much-improved flow characteristics, and at
half the cost.   I've shipped a couple of sets overseas, and Lori got a set for
her car which we have yet to install.   They come configured for L-model
bumpers, and thus Lori's need an extra-cost modification to fit her pre-L
properly; I just sent them down to Steve yesterday.

The mufflers and headers go as a set--it's not reasonable or cost-effective
to order just the mufflers.

Shipping costs to Hawaii are expensive.   If you order a set of Wilkinson's
exhausts and have them shipped to me, I can hand-carry them to you on
Friday the 15th, as I'm flying a C-5 to Hawaii, and there is ALWAYS room in a C-5
for Pantera parts! :>)

I'm already carrying another Wilkinson exhaust setup, Aviaid oil pan, and a
bunch of other parts to a Pantera owner in Tokyo that next day, so one more
box won't harm anything. :>)