[DeTomaso] oil Coolers?

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 07:31:54 EDT 2012

Where does this heat go?

IMHO, it's snake oil, heat happens, more power, more heat, it's an internal
combustion engine, it has to go somewhere.

I wouldn't want to "manage" the heat, I want it to find the fastest way
out, whether that's oil to metal, water to metal, then metal to air, metal
to water, etc.  Heat transference is highly contingent upon the properties
of the metal, cast iron holds it better, like grandma's black skillet
versus my old aluminum boy scout mess kit, which doesn't hold any heat at
all once removed from the heat source.  Aside from the weight difference,
the easier ability to port and machine, better heat transfer is a key
selling point for acquiring AL heads.
Having said that, if Santa Claus delivered a water to oil cooler to me, I'd
use it.  My car came with the current set up and it works great.

Insofar as what others don't understand, clearly the internet is available
to them as as a participant of this list, thus an entire world of
information and edification is available to them to learn what they don't
understand.

This weekend for example, I had a very Pantera specific issue and I posted
it to the list. Where better to find a person who may have encountered the
same problem and developed a workable solution? It appears, I will be
developing
A documented solution based on a combination of the suggestions I received
from those generous enough to share their time with me, and I post it when
complete to assist others if they encounter the same issue in the future.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, I responded to a post with my own
experience as asked, I'm happy with my
temps and the way they are maintained at that level, do I care if somebody
else doesn't get it?   No.

Michael