[DeTomaso] Oh S%$# Moment... Help Please

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Sun Jun 3 22:09:40 EDT 2012

Have you closed the trunk lid? How does it sit?
You might try running some sturdy but thin string / cord around what's left of the pin mount area and lower the lid.  I suspect if you took off the rubber weatherstripping / seal the lid would lie flat.
If might lift a bit at high speed due to airflow, but you could probably drive the car like that.  Or just let it sit a bit high and drive it that way until you can fix it properly.