[DeTomaso] Oh S%$# Moment... Help Please

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 12:12:22 EDT 2012

I just broke the metal rod off of the bracket that acts as a pin for the
hood hold down latch.
(Photo available)
My hood latch has long been a PIA, because the hood would unlatch itself
often Speed bumps, severe rumble strips) , I was just installing a new (to
me)
factory latch and was straightening the rod/pin/stud, when it simply broke
off in my pliers.

Now WTF am I supposed to do, the hood was just painted (black) less than a
year ago, I do do relish any welding.

Is there a bolt on option, replacing the tub mounted receiver and a bolted
on pin that I can attach to the car?

The thought of hood pins is gagging me.

I'm open to anything, especially if I can get it done by Wednesday night,
I'm supposed to leave Thursday morning for the Summer Summit.

Any advice or ideas will be appreciated, no matter how far out they might
be.

Michael

--

Michael L. Shortt