[DeTomaso] Crank Pulley spacer

doug351c doug351c at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 17:15:55 EDT 2012

Guys,

One of our local POCA members, Warren Lubow, just installed his new engine.
I was over helping him with his wiring and noticed that his stock water pump
pulley is about 0.30" farther forward than his stock crank pulley.  He has
an aftermarket stroker crank and harmonic damper.  It apears that his damper
thickness is too thin, compared to the stock damper, by the missing amount
of distance.  Has anyone run into this same problem and arrived at a
solution that doesn't involve a custom machined spacer to move the crank
pulley forward.  Does such a spacer already exist?

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505