[DeTomaso] Engine Choices

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 16:04:38 EDT 2012

I don't understand the LS swap, though.

I understand that it is a nice aluminum engine with plenty of cheap performance parts, but you need so many custom parts to make it fit a Pantera, it negates the benefits of going LS.

You could just as easily do a 351 Clevor or 351 Windsor, with or without EFI.  In the long run, it would be cheaper, and the HP is the same - i.e. depends on the build, not the brand.

And… an LS is a boring engine.  I could see doing a 392 or 426 Hemi.  I could see doing a Boss 429 or even a 2.3L Turbo.  I just don't see going LS.