[DeTomaso] Heater to block connection

David fisher95020 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 28 21:44:35 EDT 2012

Has anyone had success pressing a new heater hose (5/8 inch steel tube) into the block with the engine in the car (Pantera).   I'm looking for a better idea than the one I have as there is no room to swing a hammer and the interference fit is pretty darn tight.   My best idea is to turn down the tube a little into I can slide it in and use jb weld to seal it in place.
This really looks like a job for a press,  but I expect most people use a hammer when the block is out.

Thanks

David