[DeTomaso] 305/50/15 tires

B. Seib oldwheel at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 26 20:24:49 EDT 2012

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-and-c2-corvettes/2851510-good-news-i-have
-a-source-for-the-bfg-305-50-15-the-bad-news.html

I found this on a Corvette forum. Wonder if/what happened with this? Maybe
we already discussed it?

Barry

=======================================
06-08-2011, 07:03 PM

So it may be a long shot, but with the Cobra, GT 40, Grand Sport Corvette,
plus numerous other vintage cars that run 15 inch wheels could benefit from
these ties.

Here is the proposed letter (Please read and correct or help reword, (I'm
really tired at the moment)

=======================================
To Fellow Vintage Car Drivers:

Many of us who drive older Race Cars, Replicas, and Hot Rods, are losing
choices in the tires that are available for our cars that use 15 inch tires.

One specific tire that comes to mind are the BFGoodrich Euro T/A's, in the
305/50/15 size. These are "H" Rated, and 28 inches tall. They fit on wheels
in the 10 inch wide size approximately.

Apparently these were discontinued 7 or 8 years ago by BFGoodrich. They are
still sought after as NOS, or even used on ebay and Craig's list.

I spoke with a gentleman named, "Eric", at, "Coker Tires", and he mentioned
that:

1) They bought the Molds for these tires

2) These are set up in their computers for sell at $156.00 each

3) They would like an initial run of about 750 sets if possible.

Coker Tire's phone number is, 1 (877) 403-7956, and their website is,
www.cokertire.com. If you have some interest in buying some of these tries
if they were produced, please contact them and let them know. I don't know
if there is a possibility to have a list created of people waiting in line
to buy a sets, but at least initially, if you can contact them and leave
your email address so if there was sufficient demand they could send out a
mass mailing to us with the purchasing information.

Feel free to comment about this especially if you have some ideas how to
make achieving this possibility easier.

I look forward to hearing from you, and further, I look forward to having
you email "Eric", or the VP of Marketing or any manager that could be in a
position of decision making, of Coker directly.

Thanks,

Ty O'Neal

---
michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 26 15:02:46 CDT 2012

I talked to a B F Goodrich tech years ago about the Euro T/As and
specifically about the 305s we all use on the 10 inch Campys.
He talked about this extra ply on the Euro tires and that the 305s were even
more resilient...in other words, great tires far exceeding specs.
He mentioned a mark on the side wall indicating this but I don't recall what
it was and I don't have one in front of me to jog a week memory.
Wish those tires were still available for those running 10" Campys.