[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 96, Issue 24-Tires

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Tue Jul 24 11:55:03 EDT 2012

I have been wanting to run the Optima Challenge for years
Need a sponser to get in.. or there is now
a way thru the American Street Car Challenge to qualify
if you do well... they have any event coming up in October
in Socal area.. Old Irvine raceway??

Problem is they want 200 wear rating on the tires to keep
it a street car event.. so I have checked several times
and my 17" wheels for my firebird have a max size available of 255's
when I run 275 and 315

So I figure go to the Pantera I can get the 245's up front but would
have to go to 275's out back compared to the 315's I run
Most of these tires are offered in 19's and 20"s
I think the hell with it and keep my Kumos and Hoosiers
and run my other events...

So not only are some of the 15" tires not available but the same
is coming true for 17's and 18's???

Bob Benson