[DeTomaso] Best place to hook up a new circuit

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Tue Jul 24 03:19:41 EDT 2012

Of course it makes little difference but so does everything else. Would
it matter if the wipers were wired to the battery? Or the brake lights?
No. It's just the principle that's wrong. Also, the ammeter has a
noticeable resistance which will make the battery charge to a slightly
lower voltage than it's supposed to when an extra load is added in
parallel with the battery. This is probably more notable if you hook up
the radiator fans to the battery, a practice I think is not uncommon.
Still, with all these incorrectly wired cars running around we rarely
hear of people getting stranded with dead batteries due to this. But why
would one choose to connect something the wrong way when in Charlie's
car the correct terminal is readily available within inches from the
battery?

Tomas