[DeTomaso] Reference needed

Dick Koch arkoch at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 23 18:16:23 EDT 2012

Mike, I can always count on you to offer a little public dig when given
the chance, even to a simple question.  In many ways that is what I have
come to expect from you.  I love the third party reference to me in your
post to the forum.

I do appreciate the bio on MM and will convey the information to my
friend, as well as the link to the picture of MM with the Pantera on the
lift.

By the way and since you seem to be up on the latest gossip, is there a
problem between Mayberry and the Byars?  While it was a qualified
"negative," Mike didn't give a good reference to Don.

Also, how is Weldon Brown doing and does he still have much to do with
the Pantera community these days?

As always, keep reporting on your exploits and travels.  Maybe if I pay
more attention to your posts and to the various forums I won't appear to
be out of the loop on the latest and greatest, and some of the prior
history of the Pantera community that I have missed these past 38 years
of Pantera ownership.

Take care.

Dick

PS: Mike, with a little research, I found this post to the forum from
2/2/98 on your registry entry.  How time "flies."

Capt. Mike Drew

San Francisco, CA USA

415/334-7860 (h/fax)

MikeLDrew at aol.com

POCA (Panteras of Northern California, Quarterly Editor) and PI

1972 Pre-L #3960 (July '72), yellow w/black trim, purchased with 71K miles in

1989, now fitted with new EVERYTHING!

Engine: 351-C with open-chambered heads, dynoed at 389 hp and 380 ft/lbs of

torque (300 ft/lbs at 2000 rpm!)

All-new suspension, racing brakes, replaced both floors (completely) and

right inner wheel house (rear clip from wrecked '74), all-new cooling system,

A/C, converted to L-model interior.

Apart since 1990, slowly coming together, hope to have on the road in 1998!