[DeTomaso] Best place to hook up a new circuit

thomas thomas at hax.se
Mon Jul 23 03:17:32 EDT 2012

The issue is that any power drain has to be connected on the alternator side of the ammeter, or else the current has to go from the alternator through the ammeter before it reaches the consumer. This will make the ammeter incorrectly indicate a constant charge, as well as cause an unwanted voltage drop.

For driving lights, the ultimate feed would be the battery terminal on the alternator, but a more practical feed would probably be from the correct terminal on the ammeter. That's where I connected my monster Audi turbo radiator fan, which at full blast draws over 50 A.

Thomas