[DeTomaso] Best place to hook up a new circuit

CharlesMcCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 11:25:53 EDT 2012

Hi all

The now-famous Loire Valley Tour participants were kind enough to chip in
and buy us a set of Xenon lights for my Pantera.

I saw these installed on Roger Coates' GT5-S 2 years ago, and was struck by
the difference in light output - every time we went through a tunnel, I
could tell which car was his without glancing twice - it put out a lot of
light.

(as a side-note, it is interesting to note the hand-made nature of this
car... taking off the headlight trim pieces, they are held in place by a
simple drilled-and-tapped hole. The splash shield in FRONT of the front
tires - some of the nuts are installed nut-side out, and others bolt-side
out. Maybe this was done by someone else along the way, but I can't think of
any reason why a mechanic would have done that under my care. The passenger
side and drivers side are different, so I assume it was whim when assembling
the car in the factory. Kind of hard to see, but here's the front of the car
with the splash shield removed:

On the back of the splash shield is the air-horn, stock on this car, as seen
here:

Anyway, I digress. I need to hook up the xenon lights to a 12v source, and
according to the directions I should hook it right up to the battery. It has
its own 25amp fuse, but there seems something a little primitive about
running a wire directly to the battery for each new circuit I want to add.

Electrical people out there - what's your recommendation? The cable is
rather short and I don't have a lot of room... hook it directly to the
battery, or ??

Thanks!

Charles McCall
Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe